Race Question

BLIX
When is it time to break out of old paradigms?
; especially when they have proven to hurt and divide large groups of people and pin us against one another?
I grew up in a single-parent home with little to nothing; but in some ways, the important ways, we had it all. We had safety, shelter, food, and the love of a Mother who taught us to not think poorly but to thank God for all his blessings. So when others saw how happy the little warfare family seemed they sought to rob us of it by lumping us into a group called Welfare Recipients, along with other names too hurtful to mention to those who have also bore names given by those ignorant among us. I grew up being placed in groups like fat, stupid, encourage, and the like; it stings like arrows remembering how these words often came from those I sought encouragement.
I find it offensive to be forced to lump myself into a Race Group on questionnaires at medical offices, hospitals, and any other organization. I vote we stop answering the Race question by refusing to respond to it and letting them know we are offended by the question. Answering the Race question only gets us to question our Race and "those people" around us; we suddenly realize we are distinctly different than other groups of people, it may linger for part of our day. What has been lingering in me for years is my questioning of myself as to why? Why do I allow them to continue, throughout my life, place me in a corner with a group of people so different from me?; and often away from the people I know and love. There is no Race except in the minds of small people. I am native to North America, 2nd generation, and my family is here in North America since the late 1800s. Having done my Genetic Testing I found that my family bloodline is primarily from Italy(never a question), and to a lesser extent: Greece, Turkey, and the Middle East; so how the HELL am I considered White?

Labeling is a big part of Our Social Conditioning
Sometimes a Label is helpful more often than not, but when labels cease to serve the greater good and are no longer relevant they should be abandoned.

According to Wikipedia (Warning Label: it’s on Wikipedia); get my point? 
"race is a grouping of humans based on shared physical or social qualities into categories generally viewed as distinct by society. The term was first used to refer to speakers of a common language and then to denote national affiliations. By the 17th century, the term began to refer to physical (phenotypical) traits."

I asked Google "What's the difference between Race and Ethnicity?": "An ethnic group or ethnicity is a population group whose members identify with each other on the basis of common nationality or shared cultural traditions. The term race refers to the concept of dividing people into populations or groups on the basis of various sets of physical characteristics (which usually result from genetic ancestry)."

So if Wikipedia is correct then I look nothing like the British, Irish, French, or other groups of people lumped into a group called "White"; I in fact look closer to the Latino than White. Time to stop the silly labeling so fat cats from pedigree birth lines can distinguish themselves into even smaller groups above the "average man"! Don't be Average, say no when you asked what your Race is; let them choose and expose their own racism.